Characterizing material properties for quality control and R&D laboratories, including: tensile, compression, shear flexure and fatigue/fracture. Maximum Capacity: 50kN (5,000 kg, 11,250 lb)Test Speed Range: 0.001 to 600 mm/min (0.00004 to 24 in/min).
HOW IT CAN HELP
- Tensile testing of polymers
- Compression testing of ceramics
- Hardness testing
- Elastomer strain cycling
- Polymer film puncture resistance and strength
- Dual column tabletop testing system
- Tensile, Compression, and Flexure methods and fixtures
- Capacity from 5 N (1.1 lbf) to 50 kN (11,250 lbf)
- Speed from 0.001 mm (0.00004 in) to 600 mm (24 in) /min
- Available fixtures
- 50 kN max wedge action grips
- 10 kN max 3-point bend assembly
- 50 kN max compression platens
- 4.4 kN max puncture test assembly
- Smooth and rough capstan grips
- Vickers and Knoop hardness testers
- 1 in guage length extensometer
- Uses Bluehill Universal testing software
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Typically $53 per hour plus assistance if needed.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
The unit is located at MCE 1325 (110 Central Campus Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112). Schedule a time to use the equipment with the MCE Dept and request assistance if required.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Review the Use Instructions at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lky-iSO2CXg&feature=youtu.be