Manufacturers as well as federal, state and local agencies need critical products that are in short supply to ensure our nation’s health and safety as well as our national and economic security. Small and medium-sized manufacturers (SMMs) are especially challenged with sustaining operations in light of current conditions. There is a widespread struggle to find domestic manufacturing suppliers to meet present needs.
The MEP National Network™ is able to connect U.S. manufacturers that have relevant production capabilities and capacities with other manufacturers – enabling them to fulfill current market and societal needs. We can then assist those manufacturers in actually delivering needed products. We are able to identify manufacturers’ production and technical capabilities and connect them with supply chains of larger companies and government agencies.
How MEP Supplier Scouting Can Help Find U.S. Manufacturers:
- Locate Difficult-to-Source Products
- Leverage the MEP National Network’s extensive relationships
- Critical technical and process capabilities
- Match production volume capacity
- Prototyping and pilot run capability
How Much Does it Cost:
- Free Connection Service Provided by the MEP National Network™
What to Expect:
If you would like assistance finding suppliers to meet state or local critical domestic production, please contact your local MEP Center. If you have a Supplier Scouting need or opportunity at the national level, please submit the form below.
Upon receipt of a request, NIST MEP makes an appropriate connection between the NIST labs and the MEP Center client. NIST lab staff typically begin by sharing technical expertise relating to the manufacturer’s issues. As the scope of the project takes shape, the specific needs are quoted or a CRADA is generated.
How to Get Started:
- Complete this form (LINK TO FORM)
- For more information, please contact NIST MEP’s Marion Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com