The Capstone Design Program matches a team of motivated senior undergraduate mechanical engineering students with an engineering project defined and funded by an industry sponsor
HOW IT CAN HELP
- You advance your project without requiring in-house resources
- You get to know and evaluate students with specific interest in your company
- Your company gains brand awareness with top-tier engineering students
The Capstone Design Program is part of the undergraduate mechanical engineering curriculum, and follows a two-semester sequence. The program matches a team of motivated senior undergraduate mechanical engineering students with a multi-disciplinary project defined and funded by an industry sponsor.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- $17,500 for a team of four to six Engineers for two semesters
- $5,000 is set aside for materials
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Once a project is underway, the sponsor’s primary point of contact will be the project advisor, who is often a Mechanical Engineering Faculty member. An engineer from the industry sponsor is invited to serve as an advisor or co-advisor if they wish.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Submit a project at: https://www.mech.utah.edu/capstone/sponsors/